The Pillar met on Thursday 29 April 2021 10.00am – 11.30am via zoom.
- Vanessa Schernickau has been appointed to the role of CEO of Geelong Regional Libraries Corporation and will commence on Monday 7 June.
- GRLC has been conducting consultation for the development of a new Library Plan 2021-25. 4,000 responses to community survey, and in-depth conversations with members of the public at six focus groups held around the region. Further information is available at https://www.grlc.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay/library-plan
- GRLC officially welcomed Colac Otway Shire as a member of the Corporation on 2 April 2021. From 1 July 2021, operation of the Colac Otway Shire library services will transfer to GRLC and the Colac and Apollo Bay Libraries will become part of the Geelong Regional Libraries network.
- Demolition continues at GAC.
- RONE in Geelong exhibition at Geelong Gallery attracting huge numbers of visitors and flow-on effect to local hospitality is part of a forecast $6-8M economic benefit of exhibition to the city.
- Golden Plain Council’s Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan is currently under review by Reconciliation Australia.
- Consultation about to commence on a new Golden Plains Arts, Culture & Heritage Strategy.
- City of Greater Geelong Arts & Culture Strategy open for public comment.
- For the Surf Coast Shire, the new MAC opened last month in Torquay, and a key fundraising exhibition was held at Anglesea Art Space to support the new gallery space at MAC.
Next Meeting: Thursday 24 June 2021 10.00am – 11.30 am via zoom.