The Pillar met on March 1st 2021, via zoom.
- Andrew Crowley, Manager Sport & Recreation, Deakin University, DeakinPLAY (social sport program).
- LGA COVID-19 Working Group Update
- General Discussion – Impact of COVID on participation rates for organised sport
- Sport & Recreation Victoria Update
- G21 AFL Barwon Regional Strategy 2021 – Draft Strategy Consultation Process
- Project updates
- Pillar Priority Projects – Project review and presentation of new priority projects for consideration
- Terms of Reference Review
- Future presentations – topics of interest to the group.
Review of Pillar Projects
Pillar Priority Project Review:
- Highball Stadium (Deakin) – Delisted
- Adventure Trails (SCS) – Remain
- Motocross – Fiskville (CoGG) – Remain
- Beechy Precinct (COS) – Delisted
- Armstrong Creek (COGG) – Remain
New Pillar Priority Projects:
- Deakin University – Waurn Ponds Sports Precinct Change Pavilion – Accepted (will replace the delisted Highball Stadium).
- Surf Coast – G21 Sports Provision and Participation and Data Exchange Project – Accepted.
Projects for focus during the year include:
- Adventure Trails (SCS)
- Motocross – Fiskville (COGG)
- Armstrong Creek (COGG)
- Waurn Ponds Sports Precinct Change Pavilion Development (Deakin)
- G21 Sports Provision and Participation and Data Exchange Project (SCS)