The Pillar met on 13 October via Zoom.
The Transport Pillar has revised its project list. The Pillar rectified a consolidated list that incorporates a broad range of initiatives for advocacy. The focus into 2021 and beyond for Transport Pillar is:
G21 Transport Pillar Priority Projects (proposed)
- Great Ocean Road Upgrade – to remain a standalone priority for G21.
- Regional Rail Connections- incorporating: Improving transport links to Melbourne (ref PT Strategy)
- Rail link to Avalon Airport
- Geelong Railway Station Redevelopment
- Waurn Ponds to Torquay Rail Link
- Rail freight connections to GREP and the Port
- Warrnambool rail line services increase
- Fast Rail/Duplication of the Sth Geelong to WP line
- Colac rail intermodal freight hub
- Regional Road Connections- incorporating: Geelong Ring Road to Bellarine Peninsula link
- Princes Highway West duplication
- Midland Hwy duplication to Bannockburn
- Colac Ring Road
- Regional Integrated Transport Plan to be considered as a new project, incorporating elements such as: G21 Public Transport Strategy
- Bicycle improvement projects
- Central Geelong Freight Plan review
- Parking strategy
- Sustainability targets
- Regional Road and Rail Connection plans
- Regional ‘hub’ of transport innovation and trials for Victoria (working title) New standalone initiative for the region.
In August the Pillar hosted an extraordinary meeting to Workshop the scope and objectives of the Integrated Transport Strategy and will inform the development of the Plan in 2021.
At our last meeting in October, the Pillar hosted Ludo Campbell-Reid Director, City Design and Liveability at Wyndham City Council who presented on Creating Great Streets and Great Places.
Pillar election was also conducted and Karly Lovell was elected Chair and Guy Wilson Browne, Deputy Chair.